iTunes cards are one of the fastest-selling gift cards on the planet. Before the pandemic, people gobbled up these gift cards to give away on birthdays and on holidays. And now, people are finding that their iTunes cards are even more important during the pandemic than before.
Pandemics are nothing new – there have been many throughout history – but this is the first global pandemic of modern times.
What we’re seeing is that smartphones and digital media are the go-to option for people in the 21st century, or at least during 2020 and the foreseeable future.
A few of the reasons to buy iTunes cards for people now during the pandemic and in the future are:
People are Spending Time at Home
Right now, the world is stuck in a lockdown, to some extent, and it’s leading people to stay home. People must practice social distancing, and many countries, states and territories have made it mandatory for people to stay home.
People can do a lot while they’re at home:
- Video games
But what you’ll find most people doing while they spend their time at home is staying on their mobile phones.
People are talking to friends, spending time video chatting on FaceTime or Zoom, and this trend is not going to change any time soon.
We’re seeing some countries lift restrictions on the lockdown, and in the United States, many states are considering very limited alleviations of restrictions.
What does this mean?
People are going to be spending a lot of time at home now and in the immediate future.
COVID-19 is Going to be Around for a While
People have learned a lot about pandemics, and all we have to do is look back to the Spanish Flu to see that this pandemic is really just starting to impact the world. Yes, we may be in the middle of the first phase of the pandemic, but health professionals predict that there will be more phases.
With the Spanish Flu, the restrictions were eased too early and people felt safe again.
Forgetting all of the hardships that they underwent, people went back to life as normal. People crowded together, they were happy to be back to their normal routine and then the second wave of the flu hit.
The second wave was far more deadly than the first killing exponentially more people in the process.
I’m not trying to be an alarmist, and I hope that this virus is gone as quickly as it came to devastate the planet. But from what history has taught us, the virus will come back, and there is no means of getting rid of it without drastic measures or a vaccine.
If the world can create a vaccine quick enough, we may find that the virus is gone by the end of the year.
But with the normal testing of a vaccine and trials, I would not count on COVID-19 going away any time in the immediate future. It looks like, at least based on the reports from health researchers, COVID-19 is here to stay.
Even if it is not here to stay forever, the virus has likely changed the world that we know.
Will you go right back to:
- Sitting in packed movie theatres?
- Eating at packed restaurants?
- Standing shoulder-to-shoulder at concerts?
A lot of people are bound to stay home more often than in the past. There will be a time in the future when life goes back to normal, but when that time is, no one truly knows.
Since the world, as we once knew it is on hold and there’s a very high chance that the pandemic will come back, people will be at home more often. Since people are home, they can use their iTunes cards for a lot of different things.
People are Accessing Digital Content and Apps More Than Ever
Mobile phone usage is soaring right now. People have nothing else to do, so they’re trying new apps, watching movies, streaming television shows or playing games.
Stay-at-home orders have led to people, myself included, opting to do more than ever on their mobile devices.
I’ve downloaded Instacart and have been having food delivered right to my door.
But statistically, we’re also finding that people are doing the following activities more than ever before on their phones:
- Video game traffic is soaring. Verizon is reporting an increase of 75% video game traffic and a 45% increase on T-Mobile. People are playing games that they have already downloaded, but they’re also downloading games that they never played before. Mobile providers believe that there will be some form of “stickiness,” or a residual increase in gaming when this is all over. Some that gets an iTunes card can use it to purchase video games on their phone.
- Video calls are soaring because people cannot meet with their friends or family in person. Facebook reported a 70% increase in calls almost immediately and an app called Houseparty reported a 79% increase in video calls. But there were no reports from Apple on their FaceTime app nor Skype or Zoom, which is killing it in terms of promotion and people using the app.
App usage is also on the rise, but I have not been able to find the concrete statistics that I was able to find with video games and video calls. There has been so much Internet usage for streaming video that Netflix had to lower the quality of their streams and actually went down in some parts of the world.
People need things to do, and apps and phones are something that keep people occupied.
An iTunes card can be used to purchase premium apps or add-ons for apps that allow you to enjoy all of the app’s features. People are so bored that they’re downloading random apps to give them a try.
Speaking of apps, some of the best apps that people are buying up are:
- Minecraft due to its limitless fun and immersive design. You can play with friends or join a massive community with over 30 million players.
- Heads Up! is another great game, and it’s one that I was first introduced to at a party. A person opens the app, chooses a category and puts the phone to their head so everyone else can see their screen. People have to act out what’s on the screen so that the person holding the phone can guess what it is. It’s a hilarious game to play.
- PlantSnap is another app that is truly a niche app but still loads of fun. The app allows you to use your phone’s camera to determine what species trees and plants are using image detection technology.
You’ll find a lot of amazing apps that you can download and use for everything from organizing your life to fitness and managing your money. Apps are coming out each and every day that can change your life, and with an iTunes gift card, it’s possible to download and use virtually any app that’s available.
Music and Streaming Apps
I know a lot of people say, “I haven’t been on my phone much,” but then they stream music all day from their phone. One of the neat perks, when you buy an iTunes gift card, is that you’re also opening a world of music to a person that you know.
There are a lot of things you can do with an iTunes gift card, but streaming music is one of the best options.
When you have a gift card, you can pay to download all of your favorite songs or albums.
Apple Music is also wildly popular, and you can even use your gift card for a subscription to the service. The Apple Music service is one of the best streaming music services on the planet. You’ll gain access to millions of songs and albums when using Apple Music.
Quality is also superb and will provide crystal clear audio.
Apple Music provides a person with:
- Access to 50+ million songs
- Original shows and concerts
- On-demand radio shows
- Online and offline listening
- 100,000+ personal library songs
Apple Music is always running great deals on their service, too. One of the best deals is for students that receive the service at an almost 50% discount. Since a lot of students are stuck at home, you can be sure they’re either listening to music or on FaceTime with their friends.
With such a vast library of music and additional extras like live concerts, people love the value that they receive with Apple Music.
There are a lot of great streaming music apps that you can download and start using. Everyone listens to music of some kind, so it makes sense to use a gift card for music streaming.
Reasons to Consider Buying an iTunes Gift Card Even Now
An iTunes gift card is one of the most universal gift cards that you can ever purchase. Secure and easy to purchase, you’ll find a lot of reasons to gift this card to someone else. The iTunes card you purchase offers:
- Android and iOS options. You cannot use the card on Android for apps or anything of that sort, but you can use it for Apple Music. You’ll simply download the Apple Music app, start a subscription using iTunes and then you’ll be able to use Apple Music whenever you deem fit.
- Websites are also accepting gift cards although you have to do your due diligence here. You’ll find a lot of real sites accepting these cards and a lot of fake sites meant to scam you. Don’t fall for email or IRS scams asking for an iTunes card as payment because these are pure scams that are only designed to take your money.
- Selling or exchanging your gift card is a breeze. Since everyone wants an iTunes gift card, you’ll be able to exchange or sell them with ease. If a person doesn’t want the card or they decide they prefer another gift card, it’s super easy to exchange these cards for cash or another gift card.
- Thousands of choices are available. iTunes opens up such a vast array of content and apps for a person to purchase and enjoy. You already know about most options, but you can also download books and audiobooks. I know that one of my only solaces during this pandemic has been going to the park in my car and listening to an audiobook. Podcasts are also available if you want to purchase premium content.
- Books are available in regular, non-audio versions. You’ll be able to download and read all of your favorite or the best-selling books on the market today. If you or the person you gift the card to don’t want to read books, magazine subscriptions can also be purchased.
Apple has a massive user base, so you can be confident that there are reviews and a lot of high-end apps available. There are also a lot of exclusive apps that you won’t find on Android that are a lot of fun.
You’ll also find that there are more productivity apps that allow you or your loved one to be able to take control of your schedule.
If you or your loved one do not have an iPhone, Mac or iPad, that doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to enjoy the gift card. You can download the iTunes app on Windows and gain access to the iTunes store as a result.
You’ll always want to make sure that the download is from the official Microsoft website.
There’s a risk of downloading spyware or malware if you don’t download the program through official channels.
iTunes has shown that their apps, music and service as a whole is relevant even during a pandemic. The world has a long time to heal, and during this healing process, you can expect people to turn to their mobile devices for entertainment more often.
It’s a trend that is here to stay.